Identity Theft Issues
Tax related identify theft, as defined on the IRS website, is when someone uses your stolen personal information, including your Social Security number, to file a tax return claiming a fraudulent refund.
The IRS Taxpayer Guide to Identity Theft states that you should be on the alert for the following:
- You get a letter from the IRS inquiring about a suspicious tax return that you did not file.
- You can’t e-file your tax return because of a duplicate Social Security number.
- You get a tax transcript in the mail that you did not request.
- You get an IRS notice that an online account has been created in your name.
- You get an IRS notice that your existing online account has been accessed or disabled when you took no action.
- You get an IRS notice that you owe additional tax or refund offset, or that you have had collection actions taken against you for a year you did not file a tax return.
- IRS records indicate you received wages or other income from an employer you didn’t work for.
If you have an Identity Theft Issue it can takes months to resolve, or in certain circumstances sometimes years. Don’t hesitate to contact our offices for a free consultation today at 760-529-4926 or 617-535-3300.
If you need assistance with taxes or a good tax attorney , Ryan McFarland is your guy. This year is the first time we reached out for assistance with our...
Ryan was pleasant,prompt and through. Facilitated the answers I needed with tax return and divorce
Hey everybody I just want to Let you know if you need Tax help, Ryan is awesome. I'm a small business owner. During this busy time I reached out to several...
You will not be disappointed. Ryan was super kind, trustworthy, and competent to work with! He helped me on a complex issue on short notice and it is so much appreciated! It’s very hard to find this level of reliable expertise and professional work ethics.
I had questions about my tax situation and even though up front I stated I would not need any official legal services, Ryan was happy to talk me through my questions free of charge. He is knowledgeable and professional, and if I needed a tax attorney's services I wouldn't hesitate to go to him first.
Ryan is trustworthy, professional and is an expert in resolving tax and debt issues. We have stressed about our taxes for a long time, and he came in and helped us reconcile our issues quickly and efficiently. He continued to communicate with us during the process. We were never in the dark about what was happening and how he was going to help us. And…he completely helped us and found the best resolution for our family. Most importantly is that he is honest and cares. We felt listened to and valued. So refreshing. We highly recommend him!